About Our School
The great challenge for any school is to find a way to meet the needs of students who walk through the doors each day with a very wide spectrum of skills. The challenge is even greater at the middle level, a time when students experience incredible emotional, intellectual, social, and physical growth in a very limited amount of time.
At Desert Shadows Middle School, we are committed to meeting that challenge to create a safe and enjoyable learning environment for all students.
Our vision is to creatively engage and challenge all students academically, supporting them through successes and failures in and out of the classroom, and providing them a healthy and safe environment so they are motivated to learn each day.
Desert Shadows Middle School (DSMS) inspires students to become exceptional learners and human beings.
We display our vision and our mission by operating under these important beliefs:
- We believe middle school can and should be the two most significant and meaningful years in the life of a child.
- We believe our students will demonstrate success by achieving academically, socially, and emotionally.
- We believe that a rigorous and challenging curriculum can also be creative and engaging.
- We prepare our students for high school and beyond.
- We encourage parents to be active in the academic and personal lives of their children, communicating with the school to partner for success.
- We believe positive and trusting relationships within the school community result in additional student learning.
- We don't settle for anything less than excellence in every school group. We have the self-honesty to admit when we're wrong and the courage to change.